The GPX 6.5 helmet features a carbon matrix shell with an innovative V-Foam EPS (expanded polystyrene) liner enhances the helmet’s protection while keeping it smaller than competitors. The smaller shell size allows the Leatt helmet to attain new levels of lightness – an important feature for a helmet as it both increases the rider’s comfort but also decreases the rotational energy delivered to the head and brain in a crash.
Leatt has introduced other cutting-edge features as well. For example, the 360° Turbine technology offers two important helmet protective measures. It allows the helmet to absorb more force from a low-energy impact, but it also combats rotational energy as well. In fact, one of the ways that the Leatt GPX helmet line sets itself apart from other ATV and dirt bike helmets is the reduction of rotational acceleration.
Of course, Leatt has also taken great care to design a helmet with comfort in mind in addition to safety. That’s why the GPX helmet features an impressive ventilation system with an innovative design that allows for great airflow. The helmet is also built to accommodate other great Leatt gear, including the legendary Leatt neck brace as well as hydration packs.
There are no doubts about it. If you are looking for a helmet that features the latest safety technology in an attractive and comfortable package, the Leatt GPX 6.5 V16 helmet is for you.
- 360° Turbine Technology
– Up to 30% reduction of head impact at concussion level
– Up to 40% reduction of rotational acceleration to head and brain
– Improves multiple-impact protection
- Reduced Outer Shell Volume
– A smaller helmet shell reduces forces transferred to the neck
– A 10% smaller shell transfers up to 20% less rotational forces to the head & brain
- 3D In-Molded V-Foam
– Multi density V-shaped impact foam molded to the outer shell.
– Significantly reduces G-forces transferred to the head & brain
– Increased absorption, slimmer and a stiffer structure than a normal helmet foam
- Optimal Neck Brace Compatibility
– Specially designed helmet features and shape to take full advantage of the Leatt neck brace design
– Rear hyperextension impact platform with neck brace optimized shape
- Quattro Force Control
– Carbon matrix reduced outer volume shell
– 3D in-molded V-Foam for maximum energy absorption
– 360° Turbine Technology for reduction of rotational acceleration
- Maximized Ventilation
– Effective even at very low speeds
– Optimized for off-road racing
- Visor with breakaway function for rotational reduction in a crash
- Low friction cheek pads for emergency removal
- Hydration ready
- Moisture-wicking, breathable, antimicrobial and washable liner
- Lightweight – from 1270g
- DOT and ECE certified