Utilizing a newly developed manufacturing technique never-before seen in the off-road chain market, ProTaper Pro Series chains feature innovative forged pin collars that have been seamlessly incorporated into the outer chain plate. By cold-forging pin collars to encase the chromium carbide layered pins, outer chain plate thickness can be slimmed to reduce weight while increasing tensile strength.
- Slim outer plates with forged pin collars for added fatigue strength and chain life
- Chromium carbide layered pins for reduced friction and impact load absorption
- Specially developed gold color coating to reduce corrosion and give “factory” look
- Designed to perfectly match ProTaper RS Sprockets for maximum power output and extended chain and sprocket life
- 8,440 lbs. tensile strength